23.9.10

Birthdays and baby furniture!

Well Jeff and I have had a whirlwind of birthday celebrations lately and we have one more to go!  It all started with my actual birthday, we had the most amazing meal at my parents house!  We had Salmon, skewered red potatoes, salad, and yummy yellow cake with chocolate frosting :)  It was so fun to celebrate with my folks.

The next day we celebrated with friends, Jeff threw a birthday party for me at our house and we had fun using our porch!  We redid the porch this summer and we love to hang out there and to entertain there.





Then we went to Chicago that weekend and celebrated my birthday and Jeff's birthday at Gene and Georgetti's with Jeff's parents.  We had a great steak dinner and my favorite, Shrimp cocktail!  That was the best shrimp cocktail I have ever had.





Jeff's birthday was yesterday and we got together with Jeff's mom (his dad was out of town on business) and went to dinner at Granite City Brewery.  Then we went shopping for a coat for me (I know, on HIS birthday!!) and a baby gate for the cabin (for Rupert and the the baby on the way!)  We had a lot of fun with Michele :)  She even gave us a little cake to celebrate when we got home!





I got Jeff a new robe and some other fun things :)  Today we made chicken and waffles to celebrate his b-day again!  He has always wanted to try that, but it's sort of a southern thing, so we just made waffles and got KFC chicken and made our own version.  It was good, but I'm pretty sure he still wants to try the actual southern dish sometime!

Tomorrow the birthday celebrations come to an end when we celebrate Jeff's birthday with my parents.  Should be fun!

We are starting to research baby furniture and are realizing some things might take weeks or months to order...and January is starting to get closer!  I just got the book Baby Bargains ("as seen on Oprah") so hopefully they'll give us some good tips on how to pick things out and what to look for, because the baby world is like a foreign world to us at this point.  We are starting to learn, but have a long ways to go!

That's all for now, have a great day!

love
Arleigh

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I haven't read blogs nor responded to them, but I am looking forward to being a regular "reader"...what else would you expect from your Mom?! Love it and it will be fun to share with Baby Hagberg. See you tonight for the continuation of Jeff's birthday celebrations.

    ReplyDelete