14.1.11

Any day now...

That's what I said to the checkout lady at Target today when she asked me when I'm due.  Crazy to say that!  Jeff and I positively can't wait for this child to enter our world.  We are so ready.  Well...we should be, we have had 9 + months to get used to the idea :)  We have a few people who can help with Rupert when we go to the hospital and even a play date lined up for him for the night we get home.  We talked to the doctor this week and asked when they would induce me if I don't go into labor soon, and she said 1 week from my due date, so the 31st...which apparently doesn't necessarily mean I will have the baby that day, but that's when they would start the process.  So no matter what, it's soon.  

My dad is exploring his options to treat the prostate cancer, he is meeting with a doctor that came highly recommended to him in California soon so we are glad to get things going with treatment for him.  Keep the prayers coming, we would appreciate it!

My grandma is doing well, she had surgery a couple weeks ago on her shoulder and has been staying at a rehab facility for a while.  She just moved back to my parents house the other day and is doing some therapy there for about 4 weeks.  She has had a great attitude through this whole process, and so has my dad about the cancer...I am so impressed with both of them.  And I'm impressed with my mom, she is handling a lot between the two of them and me almost having the baby...lots on her plate and lots on her mind, but aside from losing a little sleep, she is handling it all very well.  

This weekend should be fun, I feel like we are seeing people one last time before the baby comes...tonight we are having a few friends over for game/movie night, tomorrow we are having dinner with Jeff's parents, and Sunday we are having dinner with my parents and grandma.  Should be nice and everything is low key so that's good for me!  I don't exactly have tons of energy right now.  When I go to Target now it seems like a daunting task and I have to cheer myself on through the isles.  ha ha Not to mention the baby's head is nicely sitting on my bladder so walking is not the most comfortable thing!

I got a baby book at Babies R Us the other day and am having fun filling it out.  I keep looking at the page where it says "My mommy went into labor ______ and her labor pains lasted _____.  I was born on_____and weighed ______ and had _______ colored hair and _____ colored eyes."  I can't WAIT to fill this section out!!  :)  It makes me happy just looking at that page.

Well hopefully I'll have a relatively comfortable last bit of pregnancy and a simple/not super painful birth!  If you think of it, keep us in your prayers these next couple weeks.  I'm not anxious about it, really at all, but I would like to keep that attitude and also just have a good birth.

Until then...

Arleigh

1 comment:

  1. I just read your last couple posts... I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad & Grandma. Even though it sounds like they are handling very well, I can only imagine how hard it is on all of you. You & your family will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete